Our 10/21/2018 Engagement - How He Asked



The second best day of my life took place October 21, 2018. The first was of course the day Braylie was born, but I am finally excited to shout to the rooftops that I have a FIANCÉ. Chris has been telling me for awhile now that when it finally happened I would be very shocked and surprised and it would be very unexpected, and it sure was.
I have been bugging him for a long time now to finally ask, and now that he has it feels like I am living in a dream.
Just five days before on October 16, 2018 we celebrated being together for s e v e n years. I have spent seven years with my best friend. We have had our share of ups and downs, but we have always found a way to let love conquer all.

It was Sunday 10/21/18 and I had a busy morning planned. The Titans were playing in London so the game was on very early, and then mom was coming over so I could do her hair. Mid-way through doing moms hair Chris mentioned to me that we needed to leave in about an hour and there was just no way I would have been able to finish moms hair and then get Braylie and myself ready. I told him I needed more time. He got upset with me and ended up taking a nap. I, then, finished moms hair and got Braylie ready and then myself. Chris said we were no longer going to where he had planned, but instead we would have some friends over and go to dinner.

Around 4pm some of our good friends arrived. I was so glad, because at that point I was starving and we were going to eat at our favorite restaurant, Longhorns. One of our friends asked me to go outside with them to show them around our complex so I told Chris to go ahead and put Braylie's shoes on so we could leave afterwards. About 5 minutes later I come back inside and when I come around the corner into the living room Chris is standing and there is Braylie with a different shirt on that says "Will you marry my daddy?" I immediately froze. I was in complete shock. Chris asked me if I was ready and then expressed his love for me and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was the sweetest thing in the world. The most special parts were him including Braylie, and asking for my dad's blessing.

It was everything I could have dreamt of. It was a private and intimate moment that we got to share with some of our friends in our home. 
And let me tell you about my r i n g.... Oh my goodness! It is stunning. He seriously did the best job of remembering what I wanted in a ring and making that dream come true. I cannot wait until we set a date and start planning the wedding.

Check out photos from our special moment below. 

Comments

Popular Posts