Snow day!



Oh, snow. I am never excited to see snow. Yes, I do love having a day off from work, but it just causes so much chaos to my daily routine as well as keeping us cooped up in the house. Four days ago the news was calling for snow and we barely got a dusting so when the news was calling for snow this morning I didn't think we would get anything at all. Here in Tennessee you just never know what the weather will be like. Last week it reached 70 degrees and today the high is 13 degrees and we have over an inch of snow.

I woke up this morning at 6 a.m. like every other morning as I was preparing myself to get ready for work. When I looked outside and saw that it really was snowing I was in awe. I honestly could not believe that it really was snowing. Like I said, I am never excited to see snow, but this morning was different. A part of me felt happy that the snow actually came. It is different when you have kids because nothing is better than seeing them excited. I went into Braylie's room and woke her up and told her to look out the window. Her face was priceless as she says "Look at all the snow!".  My heart was warm seeing her reaction.

After Braylie woke up and ate breakfast the question that I knew was coming was finally asked. "Mom, can we go play in the snow?" I, of course, told her we would in a little bit. I could never tell my sweet girl no. Especially, because snow is not something we see very often. The time came and would put our layers on and out we went. We managed to stay outside in the 13 degree weather for thirty minutes before coming back in, but she had the best time. She loved throwing the snow because the wind would just blow it right back into her face.
Now to finish off our snow day by watching tv, cooking a yummy dinner, and staying warm while spending time with one another.
It has been the best day off with my loved ones and I wouldn't trade this wonderful life with anyone else.




Comments

Popular Posts